Residential Construction Permits
- Arkansas Fire Prevention Code, 2012 Edition, Vol. I. Fire
- Arkansas Fire Prevention Code, 2012 Edition, Vol. III. Residential
- Arkansas Plumbing Code, 2006 Edition
- Arkansas Fuel Gas Code, 2006 Edition
- Arkansas Mechanical Code, 2010 Edition
- National Electrical Code, 2014 Edition
Before applying for a permit:
- Provide copy of deed to property. Contact the Miller County Circuit Clerk (870) 775-4501.
- Provide plat of the property including street rights-of-way, utility easements and drainage easements. Contact a surveyor.
- Verify zoning compliance. A specific use permit may be required. Contact Planning Department: Carl Teel 870) 779-4974 or Mary Beck (870) 779-4944.
- Verify whether or not land is located in a flood plain. Contact Nina Walker(870) 779-4971.
- Contact Rick Garner firstname.lastname@example.org for a template of the required cover sheet for plans.
Obtain Water and Sewer Availability sheet from Texarkana Water Utilities. (801 Wood Street) If city sewer main is not within 300 feet of your
property, you will be required to install a private septic system. For a private septic system permit, contact Miller County Health Department. Tony Key (870) 904-5164
Applying for a permit:
Submit two (2) complete sets of the site plan and construction plans for residential structures to the Chief Building Official, 216 Walnut Street,
Texarkana, Arkansas 71846.
- Legal description
- Property lines and pins
- Right-of-way, easements and setbacks
- Name and location of streets
- All existing and proposed structures; distance of structures from property lines and other structures on property
- Location of driveway
- Location and size of utility and service connections
- Minimum finished floor elevation, if within the 100-year flood plain
- Drainage plan
- Footing and grade beam details
- Location of imbedded anchoring (anchor bolts, hold-downs, and column bases.
- Show all sides.
Floor Plan Layout
- Label all rooms with intended use.
- Label overall dimensions of each room.
- Indicate all doors, windows and openings.
- Provide door, window, and interior finish schedules.
- Detail drawings of walls and roof structure
- Describe materials for floors
- Describe materials for roof structure Duplex or triplex—provide detail drawing of fire assemblies and area separations
- Indicate location of plumbing fixtures
- Indicate location of fixtures and wiring
Mechanical System Plan
- Show location and Size of unit