Requirements for Residential Fence Permit
All fences require a permit before being placed on the property.
The following information is required for a permit.
- Address and legal description of property
- Site plan showing
- property lines
- utility and drainage easements
- sight triangles (on corner lot)
- location of buildings
- Height of fence and description of material to be used
- maximum height of six feet (6′) allowed in rear yard and on side yard to front of main structure; Privacy (opaque) fencing may be used.
- maximum height of four feet (4’) allowed for fencing in front and side yard within the front building line; non-opaque fencing must be used
- Fencing not allowed
- in utility easements
- over drainage ditches or in drainage easements
- within the twenty-five foot (25’) site triangle on corner lot
PREMIT FEE: $21.00