Each year the Civil Service Commission gives a Probationary Firefighters Examination to establish an eligibility list for entry level employment with the Texarkana, Arkansas Fire Department. All new employees are hired from this list. The exam will be given October 14, 2017. For further information call 870.779-4956
Qualifications for the examination and employment are as follows:
- Complete application and return to the Fire Administration Office. (you can pick up applications now or print them off this website)
- Must be of sound mental and good physical condition.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to accept the position. Maximum age for appointment to a position is under 34 years of age.
- After a passing grade on the written exam the applicant will have to pass a physical ability test.