Each year the Civil Service Commission gives a Probationary Firefighters Examination to establish an eligibility list for entry level employment with the Texarkana, Arkansas Fire Department. All new employees are hired from this list. The exam was given August 6, 2016. For further information, call 870-779-4956.
Qualifications for the examination and employment are as follows:
- Complete application and return to the Fire Administration Office. (You can pick up applications in July of this year)
- Must be of sound mental and good physical condition.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to accept the position. Maximum age for appointment to a position is under 35 years of age.
- Must have 15 hours of college credit from an accredited college.
- After a passing grade on the written exam the applicant will have to pass a physical ability test.