CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION FOR PROBATIONARY FIREFIGHTERS
STARTING SALARY: $36,871.00 Plus Benefits.
Notice is hereby given that the Civil Service Commission of the City of Texarkana, Arkansas will give a written examination at 8:00 a.m. on the 6th day of August, 2016 at North Heights Junior High School Cafeteria, 2118 E. 35th Street. The purpose of this examination is to place upon the eligibility list anyone who meets the requirements and passes the examination of the Civil Service Commission.
Qualifications for the examination and employment are as follows:
- Completed application returned to the Fire Department Administration Office, 416 E. 3rd Street, Texarkana, Arkansas no later than 4:00 p.m., July 22, 2016.
- Must be of sound mental and good physical condition.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older on or before August 6th, 2016. Maximum age for appointment to a municipal civil service fire department is 35 years of age. Again, you must be at least 21 years of age but not older than 35.
- Must have 15 hours of college credit from an accredited college.
- DD-214 (Military), College Transcript, Birth Certificate, H.S. Diploma, Valid Driver License and any Fire Academy Certificates. Please make copies of these documents and turn them in with your application.
Application forms may be obtained at the Texarkana, Arkansas Fire Department Administration Office at 416 E. 3rd Sreet beginning June 27, 2016. Applications must be returned by Friday, July 22, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
This examination will be the written phase of the selection process.
The City of Texarkana, Arkansas is an equal opportunity employer.
Texarkana, AR Fire Department
Texarkana, Arkansas Fire Department proudly protects 30,006 people living in an area of 42 square miles. We operate out of 5 stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a paid status. We have an ISO rating of 4. We are located on the border of Texas and Arkansas. We provide services such as structural and aircraft/vehicle fire fighting, assists emergency ambulances upon request, stabilization of chemical spills and leaks, rescue of injured or endangered persons, assistance in natural/technical disasters, fire prevention education programs, & criminal arson investigations.
|David Fletcher||Fire Chief||(870) 779-4967|
|Stephen Johnson||Fire Marshal||(870) 779-4959|
|Bill Smith||Battalion Chief / Training Officer||870-779-4968|
|Marian Holder||Administrative Assistant||(870) 779-4956|
To save lives and protect property by providing our citizens with quality professional services, including fire suppression, emergency response, code administration, fire prevention and community education, all of which will be delivered in a competent, courteous, compassionate and ethical manner
- Search and Rescue
Our Dispatched Methods:
- Dialing 911
We belong to these organizations
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Arkansas State Firefighters Association
- Arkansas State Fire Chiefs Association
- Women in the Fire Service
P O. Box 2711 (mailing)
416 E. 3rd St.(physical)
Texarkana, AR 75504
Scanner: 800 (trunking system) Mhz
Phone: (870) 779-4956
For emergencies: Dial 911