If you have specific questions concerning our application process that are not answered here, please contact the Personnel Office at (870) 779-4997 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- 1. How can I find out about job opportunities with the City of Texarkana?
Job vacancies are posted in the Personnel Office located at City Hall at 216 Walnut St. For a complete listing of job opportunities, you can also browse the Personnel page on the City’s website. http://arkansas.txkusa.org/departments/personnel/job-opportunities.html
- 2. What jobs can I apply for?
Applications are accepted only for positions that are currently open and may be submitted until 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Most positions have specified minimum qualifications.
- 3. Can I apply for more than one job?
Yes, you may apply for as many open jobs as you wish, but a separate application or résumé must be submitted for each. Also, the job for which you are applying should be indicated on each.
- 4. Where do I get an application?
From the Personnel Office located at City Hall at 216 Walnut St or from the Personnel page on the City’s website.
- 5. How do I submit my application?
Your completed application may be submitted online, delivered or mailed to the Personnel Office, or faxed to (870) 772-8182. Please be sure to indicate the position for which you are applying. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a separate application for each.
- 6. Should I attach anything to my application?
If you have a résumé, you may attach it with an application that is submitted online, faxed, mailed or delivered, but any other materials should be kept for an interview, unless otherwise noted in the job announcement.
- 7. Can I withdraw or change the desired position on my application after I have submitted it?
Yes. If you wish to have your application withdrawn or considered for a different position, contact the Personnel Office at (870) 779-4997.
- 8. How long is my application for employment kept on file?
A new application must be completed for each position you wish to be considered for.
- 9. How long can I expect to wait to be contacted after submitting an application?
The selection process takes a minimum of two weeks from the final closing date. Some hiring supervisors take several weeks to select applicants for interviews.
- 10. How will I find out if my application has been selected or if the position has been filled?
Those selected for interviews will be contacted by the Personnel Administrator or the hiring supervisor. Applicants who are interviewed, but not selected, will be notified by mail or email when the position is filled.
- 11. Will I have to complete any testing for positions with the City of Texarkana?
All job offers are contingent upon a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
Skills testing may be administered for certain positions. Applicants selected for testing will be contacted by the Personnel Administrator or the hiring supervisor regarding dates and times.
Firefighter and police officer positions fall under civil service regulations.