Texarkana, Arkansas Recycling Center
2601 Dudley St.
Open 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- PLASTIC-Plastic bottles and jugs #1 and #2 must be rinsed clean and separated by clear plastic (water and soda bottles) and colored plastic (milk jugs, detergent bottles). Plastic #3 and higher cannot be accepted at the center, but can be recycled through Green Texarkana. Tip: To be accepted at the Texarkana, Arkansas Recycling Center, a plastic container must have a neck smaller than its body.
- TIN (STEEL) CANS-These are often found in your pantry and these must be washed clean and separated from other material, including aluminum cans. Dirty cans will not be accepted.
- ALUMINUM CANS-Aluminum cans must be rinsed clean and must be separated from all other material, including tin cans.
- PAPER-All types of paper will be accepted at the recycling center and separating is not necessary. This includes scrap office paper, newspaper, notebook paper, colored paper, junk mail, magazines and books. Tip: There is no need to remove staples or paper clips.
- PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS-Plastic grocery bags must be separated from all other materials and placed within one bag.
- INK, TONER CARTRIDGES
Items not accepted:
- Plastics #3 through #7
- Wet paper
- Containers (metal and plastic) that have not been cleaned out
- Green waste (tree branches, leaves, lawn clippings)
- Hazardous materials (paint, tires, chemicals)
The Texarkana, Arkansas Recycling Center reserves the right to reject any material brought for recycling based on the type and condition of the material.
When visiting the Texarkana, Arkansas Recycling Center, enter the City Shop area from Dudley Street. The recycling center will be to your immediate left. Carts will be placed along the front of the building and clearly marked. You may park right in front of the carts to drop off your materials.
There is no limit to the amount of material you may bring for recycling. (If you are concerned about the amount of material you are bringing in please call 870-779-4946). If you bring items in bags or boxes please leave them that way when you drop them off; it is easier for staff to handle contained items than loose pieces.
When you are finished placing your material in the carts, a circle drive allows you to exit through the same gate you entered.
Please watch for pedestrians and vehicles! You will be entering an active work site with employees and equipment working. Please drive slowly and be alert. If you need to back up always look behind you before doing so.
We love questions! If you have any please call us, we are always happy to help you understand recycling in Texarkana, Arkansas.