Planning Commission Application Procedures
In order to expedite rezoning matters, the Planning Commission of the City of Texarkana, Arkansas, has adopted the following procedures that must be satisfied for each rezoning, conditional use, or home occupation request that comes before the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted at least twenty (20) calendar days prior to the Planning Commission's regular monthly meeting. The Planning Commission meets on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Applications must be submitted by the property owner or by his authorized agent, such as an attorney, or by a prospective purchaser of the property who has binding option to purchase contingent on Planning Commission approval.
- Each application must be accompanied by a complete development plan drawn at an appropriate scale that shows the following information:
- All property lines, easements and adjacent public and private right-of-ways.
- Location of all buildings and accessory structures.
- The approximate topography including storm drainage.
- The location of all parking spaces driveways, loading zones, and means of vehicular access and egress to the site.
- The location of any screening devices.
- The location and size of any signs.
- Appropriate dimensions to indicate setbacks, required open spaces and yard areas.
- In addition the development plan shall contain a narrative statement showing the record owners name, the legal description, the street address, and the overall height of the structure (if no elevation is provided).
- The applicant must complete an application that will be provided by the Planning Department.
- The applicant shall submit a fee with the application to pay for the public notice, public hearing and ordinance preparation.
When the above requirements have been met, the Planning Commission will consider the application at its next regularly scheduled meeting.